The Yayoi Museum was founded on June 1, 1984 by Takumi Kano, a lawyer. The museum presents the appeal of the illustrators of the Meiji, Taisho, and Showa eras and the published art of that era. In addition to the 3,000 items in the collection of Takabatake Kasho, the museum also has a collection of 27,000 items including works and materials by Takabatake Kasho, as well as supplementary materials, magazines, binding books, and woodblock prints. The Takehisa Yumeji Museum is also housed there.
|Address||2-4-3 Yayoi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo|
|Business Hour*1||10:30 to 16:30 (advanced online booking (date and time) is required for entry)|
|Closed*2||Mondays and Tuesdays, during exhibition changeover, and at the end of the year|
|Genre*3||collection of painter Illustrator Takehisa Yumeji‘s (1884 -1934 )|
|Entrance Fee*4||Adults ¥1000, University and High School Students ¥900, Junior High and Elementary School Students ¥500 (Included Fee of Takehisa Yumeji Museum)|
|Access*5||6 minutes walk from Nezu(C14) Station Exit 1, 7 minutes walk from Todaimae(N12)Station Exit 1, and 25 minutes walk from the Park Exit of JR Ueno (G16,H17,JK30,JY05,JU02,JJ01,KS01)Station.|
|*1 The last day of an exhibition or event may end early. *2 There are also end-of-year and temporary closures *3 Blanks refer to all genres. *4 Admission prices may vary depending on the event. Check for senior citizens, children and group discounts.*5 The times shown are approximate.|
Precautions may be taken to prevent the spread of corona infection.